Royal Gorge Chamber Alliance
|Visit our Website|
Cañon City is home of the world-famous Royal Gorge Bridge & Park; the Winery at Holy Cross Abbey; and the Royal Gorge Route Railroad. There's plenty of fun, excitement, beauty and spirit in the Cañon City area.
YEAR-ROUND FAMILY ACTIVITIES: Fishing (best fly fishing in the nation), boating, rafting the Arkansas River, bicycling, golfing, hiking, swimming, camping, horseback riding, ATV trips and mountain climbing are all available in the area.
Cañon City's Historic Downtown is listed on the National Historical Register for its abundance of turn-of-the-century architecture. Submerge yourself in the ambiance of another era, as you enjoy local dining, boutiques, music, and art galleries.
Cañon City's new skate park is open from sunrise to 10pm.
Take a stroll down along the Arkansas River along our riverwalk enjoy more than seven miles winding through wetlands, groves of cottonwoods, and the John Griffin Regional Park. The early evening provides a great opportunity for bird watching and wildlife spotting. The crushed gravel path is open for biking, hiking, strolling, and horseback riding. Dogs are welcome on leash.
Cañon City Farmers' Market at Veteran's Park beginning the first Tuesday of June and ending on the last Tuesday of September. Hours are from 8am to 1pm.
Tour the Gold Belt Byway with two exciting and very scenic routes from Cañon City to Cripple Creek, our local gaming town some 9,000+ feet in the mountains.
Skyline Drive is occasionally hair raising, always magnificent, and offers breathtaking views it's approximately 3-mile of paved road that follows the crest of an 800-foot high Dakota hogback. This narrow road is open year round, weather permitting. Stop along the way to view a series of preserved dinosaur footprints, called a dinosaur track-way. Explanatory signs provide additional information for dinosaur enthusiasts.
Bask in the warmth of the sunshine abundant to the region; Cañon City boasts 325 days of sunshine per year.
ADDRESS: 403 Royal Gorge Blvd, Cañon City CO 81212
For Current Event Dates; For a Visitors Guide: 719-275-2331; 800-876-7922, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Elevation: 5332 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Internet Cafe: On site.
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: On site.
- Dinosaur - Archeological Site: On site.
- Public Rec Center: On site.
- Golf Course: On site.
- Movie Theater: On site.
- Art Gallery: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: On site.
- ATV Sales & Services: On site.
- Tourist Train Rides: On site.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Bicycle Shop: On site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: On site.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: On site.