We RV Champions of La Veta
|Visit our Website|
FKA Circle the Wagons RV Park
We RV Champions of La Veta is tucked away in the beautiful town of La Veta, Colorado. Treat yourself to 360 degrees of majestic mountain views, lovely greenery, and the tranquil sounds of Cuchara River.
RV SITES: Pick from a Back-In, Deluxe or Premium RV Site. Back-Ins sites have 30 amp service and enjoy the shade of tall cottonwoods, Deluxe sites are also back-in however they have 30/50 amp service along the east river walk, and our Premium sites are along the west river walk that borders Cuchara River. All are 60X30 feet with level gravel pads with a grassy patio and picnic table.
COZY MOUNTAIN CABIN: Our Park Model cabin features a kitchenette with mini-fridge, double burners, microwave, coffee pot and sink allowing for a family to enjoy a home cooked meal. This one-bedroom cabin sleeps 4 full bed and a fold-out coach. There is a full bathroom, dining table and movie and book library. Sit of the deck and watch the sunset.
VINTAGE CAMPER RENTALS: Two remodeled one room campers for rent here at our campground. Each is equipped with bedding, towels, wash cloths, 4-cup MR Coffee Machine with filters and coffee included. PLEASE NOTE: They do not have running water but are next to the bathhouse.
SPORTS & RECREATION: Free WiFi, pavilion, community propane fire ring with chairs, outdoor kitchen and patio, game room, clubhouse, horseshoes, giant scrabble, river walk and a VIP fenced pet park.
LOCATION: We RV Champions of La Veta is located in south central Colorado along the Highway of Legends Scenic Byway between Cuchara Pass and Walsenburg just off CO 12. They are 4 hours south of Fort Collins, and less than an hour northwest of Trinidad. You can expect a 4 hour drive heading east on US 160 from Durango and from Grand Junction it's a 5-1/2 hour drive southeast. Oklahoma City is an about an 8-1/2 drive, Dallas/Fort Worth is just over 10 hours and Tyler TX is just under a 2 hour drive.
ADDRESS: 126 West 2nd Street, La Veta CO 81055
PHONE: 719-988-6190 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $46 to $120
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $274 to $714
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Classic Travel Trailers or Mini-Mobile Homes: 2 (Travel trailer, Pop-up Camper or Mobile Home, set up on-site.)
Technology In Units
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $41 to $53 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $246.00 to $315.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: $798.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 43
- Tent Sites: 2
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 43
- Full Hookups: 43 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 14 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 43 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 43
- No Campfires Allowed: Thank you for understanding our property has a NO campfire policy.
- Elevation: 7000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Cuchara Valley Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: On site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 75
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 75
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 43
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 15 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: Walking distance.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Golf Course: 3 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: Walking distance.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 90 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 25 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 25 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 25 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: On site.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 15 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 85, 851