John Martin Reservoir State Park
|Visit our Web site|
John Martin Reservoir State Park is a sapphire on the plains of southeastern Colorado. Located in the Lower Arkansas River Valley, visitors come to John Martin to take advantage of its' modern campgrounds, great fishing, uncrowded boating waters, and diverse wildlife viewing. The park is close to historic landmarks, yet remote enough to attract year-round nature and recreation lovers.
Lake Hasty Campground nestled below the dam has 109 campsites, which can accommodate recreational vehicles, trailers, and tents. In winter, 51 sites remain open with Potable water available and a dump station. A camper services building, open April 1 to October 31, has flush restrooms, laundry room, and coin-operated showers.
The large reservoir accommodates all forms of water recreation including water skiing, jet skiing, sailing, windsurfing, and swimming. Anglers catch walleye, saugeye, bass, wiper, crappie, perch, and catfish. Fish-cleaning station.
John Martin supports a diverse community of wildlife. Resident and migratory birds abound here, making the park a bird-watchers paradise. Every year from mid-April to late August visitors share the sand and gravel shores of the reservoir with the Threatened Piping Plover and Endangered Interior Least Tern. During the winter months, Bald Eagles can be seen throughout the area.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: John Martin Reservoir State Park, 30703 Road 24, Hasty CO 81044
For Fishing Conditions, Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-829-1801
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- RV Sites: 109
- Tent Sites: 109
- Total Sites: 109
- Electric Hookups: 108 sites with electric only.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 77
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 52
- Elevation: 3851 feet above sea level.
- Region: Lamar - Eastern, Colorado
- Location: Remote, far away from a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 100
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 100
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- State Parks: On site.
- Ghost Town: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.