Lake Pueblo State Park
|Visit our Website|
Lake Pueblo State Park is one of the prime recreation destinations in Colorado, with a 4,646 surface acre reservoir and 400 campsites. Whether you want to boat, water-ski, sail, swim, fish, camp, hike, or just relax, Lake Pueblo has something for everyone. The park offers two full-service marinas, two boat ramps, prime fishing waters, camping with or without electrical hookups, a swim beach, and hundreds of picnic tables for family vacation fun. The Visitor's Center has educational displays.
Yes, you may see a pink snake at Lake Pueblo. The locals call them Red Racers, but in fact they are Coachwhips. The interesting thing is that this snake is only pink in southeast Colorado, everywhere else they are tan or olive in color.
Set against a background of the Greenhorn and Sangre de Cristo mountain ranges to the south and west and the magnificent Pikes Peak to the north, Lake Pueblo is an area of great contrasts. The miles of hiking and biking trails make it easy to discover the beauty of the shady Arkansas River below the dam.
Call for group picnicking information and reservations.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Lake Pueblo State Park, 640 Pueblo Reservoir Road, Pueblo CO 81005
For Fishing Conditions; Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-561-9320
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 281
- Tent Sites: 119
- Total Sites: 400
- Electric Hookups: 281 sites with electric only.
- Elevation: 4900 feet above sea level.
- Region: Pueblo - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 200
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.