Mancos State Park
|Visit our Website|
Just off the San Juan Skyway Scenic Byway and surrounded by the majestic San Juan mountain range, Mancos is southwest Colorado's hot spot for excellent fishing and camping. 12 miles from Mesa Verde National Park.
Jackson Gulch Reservoir at Mancos State Park is a beautiful setting with a pleasant climate, year-round trout fishing and a campground in a mature Ponderosa pine forest combines to create an outdoor haven that can't be beat.
The park has campsites on two sides of the reservoir. All sites have firepits and picnic tables; no sites have electrical hookups. The main campground has vault toilets and drinking water. Along the northwest side of the reservoir there are nine campsites (primarily for tenters) with toilets and no nearby drinking water.
Rent one of two yurts, an alternative to a tent. Yurts, used by Mongolian and Siberian nomads, are round tents on a wooden frame with 3 large screened windows, a skylight and a ceiling fan keeping these ultra-modern tents cool and comfortable in the summer, while the insulated walls and propane heater/gas-log fireplace keep them warm and cozy in the winter.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Mancos State Park, 42545 County Road N, Mancos CO 81328
For Fishing Conditions; Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-882-2213 (year round); 970-533-7065 (summer only)
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 2
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 27
- Tent Sites: 32
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 32
- Elevation: 7800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Mesa Verde Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 50
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: On site.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 45 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Paddle Shop: 40 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 40 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Rentals: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 30 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 40 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 30 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: Walking distance.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 73
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.