Cottonwood Cove Guest Ranch: Cabins, RV Park, Jeeps, Horse Rides, Rafting, Fishing, Restaurant and Gift Shop
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
|Email Cottonwood Cove Guest Ranch: Cabins, RV Park, Jeeps, Horse Rides, Rafting, Fishing, Restaurant and Gift Shop Directly|
WELCOME TO SOUTHWEST COLORADO: The days at The Cove are a little slower, a little quieter, and the only appointment you need to keep is with the fish!
This guest ranch, in continuous operation since 1944, is on Highway 149 (Silver Thread Scenic Byway) between South Fork and Creede. A Family friendly ranch in Wagon Wheel Gap with breathtaking scenery and surrounded by the Rio Grande National Forest discover 100s of miles of four-wheel drive roads.
Enjoy an afternoon or morning in the mountains on a horseback ride. You may fly-fish in the stocked Rio Grande River for gold medal trout at the Ranch. Rent a Jeep to explore Wheeler Geologic National Monument. Rent a "blue-water" raft for self-guided trip on the Rio Grande. Shop in our unique and beautiful gift shop.
RANCH RESTAURANT: Serving daily a deluxe continental breakfast at a minimal cost. Dinner service is Thursday through Saturday. Join us for Sunday brunch.
Our full service restaurant provides an enjoyable meal with no cleanup.
Visitors of all ages love to get back to nature at this authentic guest ranch.
RV PARK WITH FULL HOOKUPS: Hook 'em up and breathe in that cool mountain air. 36 full hookup sites with 30 and 50-amp service. We have a few dry camping RV sites. Enjoy the incredible views and watch for the bighorn sheep that occasionally visit. Laundry services available. 4 bath houses.
RV SITES: Pets are allowed at your RV site for no additional fee. PLEASE keep them on a leash and clean up after them. Thank you.
MOUNTAIN VACATION CABINS: 1, 2 and 3 bedroom mountain cabins all have fully furnished kitchens and most all have been upgraded; yet have still kept their rustic charm. (Most with fireplaces.)
PET FRIENDLY CABIN: 2 dogs are allowed; YOU MUST MAKE A RESERVATION for a designated pet friendly cabin. PLEASE NOTE there is an additional fee. Thank you.
RANCH AMENITIES: Central firepits, playground, pavilion, horseshoe pit, and great for a wedding venue. Reserve our Pavilion for a nominal fee. We can Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements.
RANCH AMENITIES: Horseback riding, rafting - self guided with pickup, Jeep rentals, fishing, hiking, and more. Something for the entire family.
30 miles to Wolf Creek Ski Area. Golf in nearby South Fork.
Colorado's first National Monument was Wheeler Geologic Area (1908-1950) and is now part of the La Garita Wilderness. It's known for excellent off-roading trails from June through September. Your efforts are rewarded by views of whimsical volcanic rock formations.
LOCATION: We are close to grocery stores and restaurant. 13 miles from South Fork and 8 miles from Creede just off Highway 149.
ADDRESS: 13046 Highway 149, Creede CO 81130
PHONE: 719-658-2242 or 855-216-COVE (2683) -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/1
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $96 to $260
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 27
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 10
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 17
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/1
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Camping Rates: $40 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $225.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: $600.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 36
- Total Sites: 41
- Full Hookups: 36 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 8 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 18 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 15
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 41
- Elevation: 8448 feet above sea level.
- Region: Creede - Southwest, Colorado
- Region: South Fork Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: On site.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Television: Available.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 14 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 15 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Museum: 8 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 8 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Jeep Trails: 3 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 3 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 15 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 15 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 8 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 76, 79, 80