Cuchara Vacation Rentals
|Visit our Website|
Visit the CUCHARA VALLEY, in the heart of Southern Colorado surrounded by the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Colorado State Highway 12, "The Scenic Highway of Legends" is one of the most scenic, beautiful and historic drives in Colorado.
CUCHARA VACATION RENTALS: Affordable vacation rentals scattered throughout the Cuchara Valley; some are within walking distance to the Cuchara Village, on the Cuchara River, or near a trailhead of the San Isabel National Forest. Our cozy cabins, beautiful mountain homes, and affordable condos are a perfect getaway for your mountain vacation. With one to five bedroom properties, you’re sure to find just the place to fit your needs.
AMENITIES: Discounted weekly rates, WiFi, internet TV or satellite TV, yard games, and dog friendly.
Your dog is allowed to be leash-free in the National Forest if they respond to voice commands when other families are nearby.
LOCATION: Cuchara is in South Central Colorado along the Highway of Legends Scenic Byway. 90 minutes from Trinidad, Colorado; 2 hours from Antonito Colorado; 3 hours from Denver; 4 hours from Fort Collins and 4-1/2 hours from Albuquerque New Mexico.
ALL CABINS & CONDOS: Stay 7 nights get 1 NIGHT FREE or 7 nights for the price of 6!
PHONE: 719-742-3960 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 11/1
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $150 to $455
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 5
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 8
- Condos & Luxury Suites: 11
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 24
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 12
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Fishing Equipment.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Most units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 75
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 8650 feet above sea level.
- Region: Cuchara Valley Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: In Town. Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fishing Equipment.
- Kid's Play Structure: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Vet Services: 25 minutes drive.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 75 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 11 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 2 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 2 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 3 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 2 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 75 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 11 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 2 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 2 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 85,