El Colorado Lodge in Historic Manitou Springs
EL COLORADO LODGE has a distinctive Southwestern flavor provides a relaxing atmosphere with a enclave of cabins.
MODERNIZED ADOBE CABIN: Our 27 cabins have pine ceiling beams, microwaves, refrigerators, color-cable TV, internet, phone, and individual heating and air-conditioning. Some cabins have fireplaces, kitchens or kitchenettes with dishes and cooking utensils.
RESORT AMENITIES: Enjoy the largest, heated, outdoor swimming pool in Manitou (seasonal)! Relax in our hot tub while your children play in our playground: tether-ball, basketball, shuffle-board, croquet, horseshoes, volleyball. Then feast in our picnic area with BBQ grills, outdoor pavilion, and tables.
FAMILIES with PETS NOTE: Some units allow small pets. You must request a pet cabin when making your reservation. A deposit is required.
LOCATION: Five minute drive to historic downtown Manitou Springs and 15 minutes to downtown Colorado Springs. A 15 minute walk to Garden of the Gods.
ADDRESS: 23 Manitou Avenue, Manitou Springs CO 80829
PHONE: 719-685-5485-- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $85 to $190
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 9
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 18
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 10
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Number of Channels: 99
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: Some units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through High-Speed wired.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 6035 feet above sea level.
- Region: Pikes Peak Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Outdoor Hot Tub. Outdoor swimming pool. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): 10 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Television: Available.
- Big Screen TV: Available.
- Wide Screen TV: Available.
- Reception: Cable.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 97
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 40 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 10 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 10 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 50 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 70 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 70 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 3 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 10 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 5 minutes drive.
- Cave Tours: 5 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 3 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 5 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 3 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: 15 minutes drive.