Floyd's RV Park - Camp in the Pines
FLOYD'S RV PARK is your long term, centralized base camp for: Pueblo Reservoir (15 minutes), Canon City (17 minutes), Royal Gorge Bridge (25 minutes), and Colorado Springs (40 minutes).
OPEN ALL YEAR: BIG rigs welcome. Pull-thru sites, soft city water, excellent TV reception and phone hookups. Open pavilion with fireplace for groups. Laundry room.
Convenience store and gas station next door.
LOCAL SCENIC DRIVES: Enjoy Shelf Road and Phantom Canyon Road both part of the Gold Belt Tour Scenic Byway. 15 minutes to Pueblo Reservoir for fishing, boating, swimming, bird-watching, and hiking. 90 minutes to Cripple Creek and gaming.
Floyd Fields, welcome you.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Between Pueblo and Canon City on US Highway 50 E, near milepost marker 293, 3 minutes east of Highway 115.
ADDRESS: 1438 N Street (Hwy 50 East), Penrose CO 81240
PHONE: 719-372-3385 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $1. Kids free under the age of 1. Kids: $1.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: Range from $500.00 to $550.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 40
- Total Sites: 40
- Full Hookups: 40 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 36 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 40
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 40
- Winterized Sites: 37
- Elevation: 5400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: Public payphones.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 30
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 30
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 30
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 20 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 15 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 15 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 20 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Tourist Train Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 15 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 20 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 58, 581, 59, 69, 691,