Gateway RV Park - Carbondale Recreation
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
In the heart of the Central Rocky Mountains and the Roaring Fork Valley GATEWAY RV PARK along the Roaring Fork River in Carbondale between Glenwood Springs and Aspen, Colorado.
OUR WONDERFUL CAMPGROUND AMENITIES INCLUDE: RV sites, group tent camping site, FREE WiFi, hot showers (two ADA accessible), fire rings, and picnic tables at each campsite. NEW 2023 improved WiFi throughout the park!
RV SITES: All have 50/30/20 amp service. Site 9 is 35 feet long; Site 10 is 40 feet long; and sites 11-13 are 45 feet long. WE LOVE PETS: We ask that you keep your pet on a leash at all times and clean up after your pet.
The Gateway RV Park has an easily accessible boat ramp that offers float fishermen great access to the GOLD MEDAL FISHING WATERS of the lower Roaring Fork River. There are a number of outdoor recreational activities in the area: rafting, kayaking, hiking, road and mountain biking, climbing, fishing, and golfing.
CARBONDALE ATTRACTIONS: Thunder River Theatre Company, Avalanche Creek and Thomas Lake Hiking Trails, the restored Crystal Movie Theatre, Roaring Fork Golf Course, Carbondale's Historic City Walking Tour, and the Mt Sopris Historical Museum just to name a few.
FAVORITE SCENIC DRIVE: The West Elk Scenic Byway to Marble Colorado see where marble for the Lincoln Memorial was mined at the Yule Marble Quarry, the Redstone Coke Ovens and McClure Pass. PRO-TIP This byway is breathtaking in fall when our aspen trees turn golden and blanket the mountain side inspiring a modern gold rush for those that love crisp mountain days and star filled nights.
LOCATION: Gateway RV Park - Carbondale Recreation is in northwestern Colorado; between Aspen 32 miles northwest and Glenwood Springs 12 miles southeast. From I-70 take exit 116 onto CO Highway 82, then west at the Junction of Highways 82 and 133 turn onto County Road 106 -- also known as Satank Road.
DRIVE TIMES: Grand Junction 1.75 hours. Denver and Colorado Springs are both 3 hours. Pueblo 3.5 hours. Fort Collins 4 hours. Cheyenne, Wyoming 4.5 hours. Durango 5 hours. Salt Lake City, Utah 6 hours. Albuquerque, New Mexico 7.75 hours. Flagstaff, Arizona 8.5 hours. Amarillo Texas and Las Vegas, Nevada are both 9 hours.
ADDRESS: 640 County Road 106, Carbondale CO 81623
For Reservations click on the link above or Call.
PHONE: 970-510-1290 - For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/1
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $37 to $58 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $246.00 to $385.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 18
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 19
- Electric Hookups: 2 sites with electric only.
- Electric & Water Hookups: 5 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 11 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 6 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 6
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 18
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 6181 feet above sea level.
- Region: Crystal River Valley - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Vet Services: 5 minutes drive.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 2 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 15 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 3 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing.
- Fly Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: Walking distance.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): Walking distance.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 8 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 8 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Cave Tours: 20 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 20 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Riding distance to trailheads.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 6 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 20 minutes drive.