Glen-Isle Resort Lodge and Cabins Along the Platte River
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
This National Historic Site on the Platte River offers activities year round with warm, friendly, mountain hospitality -- Welcome to Glen-Isle Resort Lodge and Cabins! An undiscovered mountain hideaway, yet near the big city of Denver at an altitude of 7,750 feet.
There are countless reasons why you would want to stay at one of our cabins in Bailey, Colorado. Our 150 acres in Bailey, Colorado are the perfect vacation spot for friends, family, reunions, or your private get away.
Many of our cabins have fully equipped kitchens and fireplaces; all have private baths, easy chairs, bedding and linens, and gas heat. Pets may accompany you to Glen Isle Resort for a fee.
Escape from the hectic pass of Denver! Once you cross the bridge into the resort, you'll understand why it has served as a peaceful getaway for over a century. If you love to fish, you have a mile of the river to use at your disposal. If hiking is your forte and you desire to explore nature, Glen Isle is surrounded by Pike National Forest, Lost Creek Wilderness, Payne Gulch Trailhead, and the Colorado Trail.
Glen Isle was once used as a Native American campground, and numerous trees still stand today that were culturally modified to mark sacred treasures. If you seek tranquillity, sit on the deck of your private cabin where the hummingbirds and chipmunks are always seeking an audience to entertain.
LOCATION: 45 miles southwest of Denver on US Highway 285, near milepost marker 221.
ADDRESS: 573 Old Stage Coach Road, Bailey CO 80421
Mary Ruth, owner, welcomes you: 303-816-0790 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $120 to $300
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 10
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 6
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 13
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Elevation: 7830 feet above sea level.
- Region: Bailey & Pine Area - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 10 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 4 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 50
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: On site.
- Golf Course: 45 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 25 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 25 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 35 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 46, 501,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 90 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: On site.