LaVern Johnson Park and Campground
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
|Visit our Website|
DOUBLE GATEWAY TO THE ROCKIES: LaVern Johnson Park and Campground is near Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park they are only 19 miles away via Highway 36 or Highway 7.
Near Steamboat and Rabbit Mountains; Hall Ranch and Heil Valley Ranch Open Space! Explore our trails.
REMODELED PARK AND FACILITIES: Camp next to the North St. Vrain River and beneath the Lyons Sandstone cliffs with full hookup RV sites and a separate tenting area. Walking distance to shops, restaurants, open-space and live music most summer nights.
NORTH SAINT VRAIN CREEK: The Creek is the Park's southern board and offers catch and release fishing.
RV SITES: All our RV sites have 50 amp electrical service.
SELECT RV SITES: Open All Year.
TENT SITES: Available April-October. Tent sites 9-17 are along the river; you will park in a central parking lot and walk a path to your site.
Minutes from historic downtown Lyons and beautiful Steamboat Mountain, Rabbit Mountain, Hall Ranch Open Space, and Heil Valley Ranch Open Space! There are many trails in the area to explore.
DOGS ON A LEASH ARE OKAY.
PLEASE NOTE: The rates listed below are for up to six people per site.
LOCATION: Lyons Meadow RV Park & Campground is at the intersection of CO Highway 7 and Railroad Avenue In Lyons, Colorado.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $30 to $35 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $50 to $55 a night for two people.
- Multi-Night Camping Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- RV Sites: 15
- Tent Sites: 19
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 34
- Full Hookups: 15 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 15 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 15 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- No Campfires Allowed: Thank you for understanding our property has a NO campfire policy.
- Winterized Sites: 15
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 5374 feet above sea level.
- Region: Estes Park - North Central, Colorado
- Region: Lyons - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): 5 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: No phones.
- Internet Cafe: Walking distance.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 200
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: Walking distance.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 1 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: Walking distance.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 5 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 7 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 25 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: Walking distance.
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Riding distance to trailheads.
- Bike Path: Riding distance to path.
- Bicycle Shop: Walking distance.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 5 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 30 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: On site.