Lone Duck Campground, Cabins and Fishing Pond
|Visit our Website|
LONE DUCK CAMPGROUND is away from the city lights at the base of Pikes Peak, between Colorado Springs and Woodland Park. Our cozy campground, nestled along a stream and next to a pond makes it an ideal vacation retreat in the heart of the Pikes Peak Region. Enjoy family fun at our large heated pool, stocked fishing pond, retro arcade, and playground.
GOODSAM PARK RATING: Facility 8 - Restrooms 10 - Appeal 8
CAMPER CABINS: The cabins sleep up to 5 or 6 people, but the listed rates only include 4 people. PLEASE NOTE: Fees apply for any additional people. Our one room cabins feature a small fridge and microwave. Most cabins face the pond. Each has a covered porch, picnic table and firepit. Remember to bring your own bedding.
CAMPSITES: We offer grassy, shaded tent sites and full hookup sites for small RVs. We are a family vacation destination and have NO MONTHLY or long term sites.
CAMPGROUND AMENITIES: Private clean hot showers and bathrooms are in main building. Campfires; firewood is available at the office. Large gift and convenience store. Central dish-washing station. Coin laundromat and lounge available 24/7. High speed WiFi! Arcade room filled with the classics: PacMan, Galaga, Tron, and more.
PET POLICY: Well-behaved pets are allowed. They must be on a leash when outside. 3 pet max. There maybe a fee or a deposit.
FISHING POND: Our pond is spring fed and stocked with rainbow trout. Fee per fish -- catch to keep only. The fishing hours are dawn to dusk.
SWIMMING POOL: The Lone Duck Pool and Splash Pad are open for swimming from 10am to 8pm everyday. We have the warmest pool west of the Mississippi river, 84-86 degrees (gas heated). Our warm water splash pad is a hit with children of all ages.
LOCATION: In South Central Colorado at the base of Pikes Peak -- America's Mountain! Two and a half hours from Fort Collins; 1-1/2 From Denver and it's a quick 20 minute drive to the mountains above Colorado Springs. Close to Manitou Springs and many attractions.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: From I-25, exit 141, drive west on US Highway 24 about 12 miles, make a U-turn on divided Highway at the first Green Mountain Falls exit, go back east on US 24 just 250 yards. Your home!
ADDRESS: 8855 West Highway 24, Cascade CO 80809
PHONE: 719-684-9907 -- Our Quack Quack Line For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 9/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: $85
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 7
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 9/30
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $40 to $45 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $60 to $65 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $5.
- RV Sites: 52
- Tent Sites: 42
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 60
- Electric & Water Hookups: 41 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 7 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 5 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 3
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 20
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 7500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Pikes Peak Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor swimming pool. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Arcade Games: On site.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 35
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 35
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 12
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 35
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 4 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 5 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 50 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 90 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 25 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 10 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- ATV Sales & Services: 2 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Cave Tours: 5 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 10 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 10 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 25 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 20 minutes drive.