Mountain View Resort: RV Sites, Glamping Domes, Camper Cabins
|Visit our Website|
MOUNTAIN VIEW RESORT: RV SITES, GLAMPING DOMES, CAMPER CABINS is a quiet vacation destination with magnificent views of the Sangre de Cristo mountains, 8 miles from Cañon City, and 3 miles from the Royal Gorge Park & Bridge. We are the ideal base camp for your Royal Gorge Region vacation a short drive to Colorado's best rafting and fishing along Arkansas River; hiking, off-roading, and mountain biking trail; horseback riding; The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey tours; our local Tuesday Farmers Market at Veterans Park June - October; and the world famous Royal Gorge Railway.
Our family friendly resort features luxury RV Sites featuring concrete pads, 50 amp hookups, and plenty of room for slideouts; two new (summer 2023) Glamping Domes and Camper Cabins all have a microwave and mini-fridge and sleep 2 in a queen bed or 2 double beds.
ON-SITE ACTIVITIES: Children's Playground, shuffle board, horseshoes, basketball court. Our Camp Store offers soda pop, candy, snacks, and camping items you left at home. Enjoy our quality WiFi. Families and Groups are welcome to use our indoor meeting room with tables and chairs, and our door meeting area around the campfire pit.
PETS are WELCOME at our RV Sites your first 2 dogs are included with your site; your third dog is $10. Max 3 dogs per site.
DELUXE GLAMPING DOMES: The geodesic domes feature the same luxury bedding as a 5-star hotel room along with fridge, keurig coffee makers, microwave, multiple power outlets, free WiFi, private deck, and gas firepit. No pets or smoking allowed.
COZY CABIN CABINS feature a small fridge, table, microwave, and have heating and air-conditioning; and outside there is a picnic table and firepit. No pets or smoking allowed.
PRO TIP FOR TRAVELING WITH ANIMALS: Eight Mile Ranch offers personalized boarding for dogs and horses next door. We are happy to provide you with their contact information.
All rates are for 2 people. Group discounts and monthly rates are available when you call to make your reservation 719-275-0900.
FAVORITE DAY TRIP and SCENIC DRIVE: Gold Belt Tour Scenic Byway offers three different routes (High Park Road - paved, Phantom Canyon Road - gravel RV and family vehicle safe, and Shelf Road - 4-wheel drive, high clearance), the 135-mile Gold Belt Tour takes you through many of the regions former mining towns. Gamble in Cripple Creek, check out Florissant Fossil Beds' dinosaur bones and take a cemetery tour in Victor.
LOCATION: Mountain View Resort: RV Sites, Glamping Domes, Camper Cabins is in the Heart of Royal Gorge Country; one hour from Colorado Springs and minutes from the Royal Gorge Bridge and Cañon City along US 50 near milepost marker 271 on the south side of the Highway.
DRIVE TIMES: Salida, Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Cripple Creek are all an hour. Denver is 2-1/2 hours. Fort Collins is 3-1/2 hours. Durango and Grand Junction are both 4-1/2 hours. Albuquerque, New Mexico and Amarillo, Texas are both 5-1/2 hours. Green River, Wyoming and Grand Island Nebraska are both 7-1/2 hours. Provo, Utah and Topeka, Kansas are both 8-1/2 hours.
ADDRESS: 45606 W US Highway 50, Cañon City, CO 81212
YOUR HOSTS are the Baeuchemin family.
PHONE: 719-275-0900 - For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 4/1 to 10/31
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $70 to $199
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $420 to $1260
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 4
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/1 to 10/31
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $61 to $95 a night for two people.
- RV Sites: 41
- Total Sites: 41
- Full Hookups: 41 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 38 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 38 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 38 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 19
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 41
- Elevation: 6330 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in rental units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 30
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 40
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 40 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 10 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 15 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 60 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 45 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 2 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 20 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 15 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 3 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 10 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 5 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 3 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 20 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 581, 58, 69, 691