Pleasant Valley RV Park of Howard on the Arkansas River
|Visit our Website|
PLEASANT VALLEY RV PARK is 15 miles east of Salida and 40 miles west of the Royal Gorge Bridge in Howard. We are off the Highway (away from road noise) and along the Arkansas River!
OPEN YEAR ROUND: From April 15 - October 15 RV Sites have a minimum two nights stay; weekly rates available. From October 16 - April 14 we only rent monthly by reservation; please note our restrooms and showers are closed during our monthly rental season.
We are second generation owners; Nicole and Josh, welcome you. We are a family park and during the summer we often host community pot lucks in our Rec Room or you'll find us at down at the firepit for s'mores.
RV PARK AMENITIES: Camp Boutique, LP gas fill station, laundromat, central bathrooms and showers, rec room and covered patio, children's play area, horseshoe pit, putting green, lots of shade, dog park, pergola swing patio, and flagstone patio and fenced lawn overlooking the Arkansas River. Access to BLM with hiking and biking trails, and private access to fish the Arkansas River.
RV SITES: Choose a Riverfront Site, Riverview Site or a Mountain View Site all with full hookups, concrete patios, grass yard, WiFi Hotspot. Propane firepits are allowed.
RV Site rates are for 2 adults and 2 children
CABIN RENTAL features a private deck overlooking the river, 1 bedroom with a bathroom, living room, dining room and kitchen. Sorry, no pets.
LODGES ROOMS: Each of the three rooms shares a deck overlooking the river, living room, kitchen, dining room, and bathroom. Rent just 1 or all 3 rooms. Sorry, no pets.
LOCATION: Pleasant Valley RV Park is in the south central Rocky Mountains of Colorado; two hours from Colorado Springs, three hours from Denver, and four hours from Durango and Grand Junction. We are not on US 50, no highway noise!
DIRECTIONS: The RV Park is 14 miles East of Salida and 44 miles West of Cañon City in Bighorn Canyon. 1/3-mile off US Highway 50 between milepost markers 235 and 236.
ADDRESS: 0018 County Road 47, Howard CO 81233
Reservations required during summer months.
PHONE: 719-942-3484 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Lodge Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 3
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $50 to $75 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $10. Kids: $5.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity is an additional cost to the monthly rate) On-Season: Range from $850.00 to $1300.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 56
- Tent Sites: 0
- Total Sites: 56
- Full Hookups: 56 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 53 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 56 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 30
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 56
- No Campfires Allowed: Thank you for understanding our property has a NO campfire policy.
- Winterized Sites: 56
- Elevation: 6400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Salida - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in rental units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: 5 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 20 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 25 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 80 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 20 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 20 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 20 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 58, 86, 57, 691
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.