Redwood Arms Motel and RV Park
|Visit our Website|
REDWOOD ARMS MOTEL AND RV PARK is a family owned and operated destination nestled in the heart of the North Fork Valley along the West Elk Scenic Loop Scenic Byway on 20 spacious acres. You will enjoy our tall shade trees. Walk to the North Fork Gunnison River, spend a few hours fishing!
HOTEL ROOM: Stay in large rooms with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, DirecTV with HBO, FREE WiFi, air conditioning, phone, and clock radio. Some rooms are non-smoking.
RV SITES: Our full hookup RV sites have 30 amp service and Free WiFi. Sites are away from the Highway behind the motel, perfect for a restful night.
PAONIA CELEBRATES Cherry Days each July with a parade, barbecue, fireworks, and cherry pies and in September the Mountain Harvest Festival features local arts and crafts, musical performances, family activities, a chili cook-off and a pub crawl, along with farm and winery tours.
AREA ATTRACTIONS and ACTIVITIES: Local Wineries include Stone Cottage Cellars, Azura Cellars and Gallery and the Root & Vine Market be sure to take a tour and sample the wine. Paonia State Park's natural beauty and abundance of wildflowers make it a "must see" for photographers and nature lovers; and, the mountain reservoir offers excellent fishing and boating. The Crossroads Bike Trails and Pumptrack offer 3.5 miles of hiking and biking trails; there are picnic areas. The North Fork Outdoor Pool is open during the summer and features swimming lanes, slides, and picnic area.
LOCATION: 1.5 miles west of Paonia on Highway 133. 70 minutes southeast of Grand Junction; 3-1/2 hours north of Durango; just over 4 hours west of Denver; 5 hours west of Colorado Springs; and just over 5 hours from Fort Collins, Colorado. If your flying into Colorado and renting a car or RV the closest airport is the Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT).
ADDRESS: 65 Highway 133, Paonia CO 81428
PHONE: 970-527-4148 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $110 to $145
- About Smoking: Some non-smoking units.
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 18
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Number of Channels: 150
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/25 to 11/18
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $49 to $55 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $250.00 to $375.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 7
- Total Sites: 7
- Full Hookups: 7 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Elevation: 5500 feet above sea level.
- Region: North Fork Valley - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in rental units.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In private rental units.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 25 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 25 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 10 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 20 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 53, 52, 63, 521