Kings Riverbend RV Park and Cabins
|Visit our Website www.kingsriverbend.com|
Mention The Colorado Vacation Directory:
Golf packages include a cart. Off-Season rates. Extended stays, call for discounted rates (weekly and monthly). 970-249-8235 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
Stay at a friendly, quiet, well-landscaped retreat just south of Montrose with cabins and RV sites along the River. Open all year. WiFi and Modem friendly.
BIG RV SITES, BIG ROADS, BIG RIGS: Full hookup sites have 50 amp service, room for slideouts, and phone hookups. Pull-thrus. Riverside sites. Shade. Fire rings. Picnic tables.
CABINS: Luxury park model cabins with kitchens and baths along the Uncompahgre River.
FLY-FISHING: Awesome fishing on the adjacent Chipeta Lake and Uncompahgre River.
AREA ACTIVITIES: Mountain bike trails start here. World-class 4-wheeling. Year round golf at Cobble Creek Golf Course. Fishing. Bird watching. Shop at Super Wal-Mart. NEW! Paddle Park at River Bottom Park and NEW dog park.
HOME BASE FOR AREA ATTRACTIONS: Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Curecanti National Recreation Area, Ouray, Delta, and Telluride.
LOCATION: Easy access off the highway along a country road. Going south on Highway 550 from Montrose, turn west on Chipeta at Ute Museum & Visitors Center, continue 1/2 mile to Chipeta Lake, watch for entrance just north of Chipita Lake.
ADDRESS: 65120 Old Chipeta Trail, Montrose CO 81403
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 877-249-8235 or 970-249-8235 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 4/15 to 10/31
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 9
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages
- Camping Open Dates: 4/15 to 10/31
- Tent Camping Rates: $29 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $38 to $42 a night for two people.
- Off-Season Monthly RV rates available call for information.
- RV Sites: 60
- Tent Sites: 20
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 80
- Full Hookups: 60 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 60 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 60 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 10
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 60
- Winterized Sites: 30
- Elevation: 5260 feet above sea level.
- Region: Montrose Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Vet Services: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 30
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 30
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 15 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 3 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 5 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 20 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 1 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: Walking distance.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 3 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 3 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 2 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 5 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: Walking distance.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: Walking distance.
- Marina: 20 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 3 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 3 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 3 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 35 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 5 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 20 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 70,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 1 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.