United Campground of Durango - A Train Enthusiast's Campground
|Visit our Website|
UNITED CAMPGROUND OF DURANGO is Deluxe Camping and Recreation at moderate rates in Durango, Colorado along the Animas River.
Large pull through sites. Separate tent area. Summer swimming pool. Convenience store, gift shop and RV supplies.
RV SITES: Stay in a level RV site with water, electricity and sewer under shade trees. Some sites are pull-thrus.
CAMP SITES: Pitch your tent on our grassy mountain meadow with picnic tables and campfire pits.
CAMPGROUND AMENITIES: Jump into our heated swimming pool! Small store with groceries, gifts, and RV supplies. FREE WiFi and laundry facilities round out our family friendly services. The Animas River borders our park.
NO TOW CAR; NO WORRIES! We are the only RV park served by Durango's $1 Trolley going to historic downtown and the train station!
United Campground has been family-owned for three generations! The park camp hosts go out of their way to promote a warm and welcoming feeling to all, tenters and RVers alike. Even your dog will feel at home.
CENTRAL FOR VISITING DURANGO ATTRACTIONS: Explore Mesa Verde National Park. Ride the famous Silverton Narrow Gauge Rail Road-it runs thru our park! We are an Ideal place to observe and photograph the train in action. Play at Vallecito Lake: Spend the day fishing, boating and hiking.
NEARBY: Golfing, fishing, local dining and pubs, emergency services, worship, RV repairs, pet boarding, the Durango Off-Leash Dog Park, and vehicle rentals.
LOCATION: United Campground of Durango is in Southwest Colorado along Highway 550; on the north edge of Durango; just after milepost marker 25. The Campground is a 3-1/2 hour drive from Grand Junction, Colorado; a 5-1/2 hour driver from Colorado Springs, Colorado; a 6-1/2 hour drive from Denver, Colorado; and a 7 hour drive from Fort Collins, Colorado. Flagstaff, Arizona is just over 5 hours and Amarillo Texas is a 7-1/2 hour Drive.
ADDRESS: 1322 Animas View drive, Durango CO 81301
PHONE: 970-247-3853 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/15 to 10/15
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 83
- Tent Sites: 58
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 141
- Electric & Water Hookups: 26 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 57 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 39 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 41 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 38
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 83
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 6512 feet above sea level.
- Region: Durango - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor swimming pool. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: On site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): 10 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 5 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 45 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 10 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 45 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 5 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Casino Gambling: 35 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 10 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: On site.
- ATV Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 5 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 25 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 15 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 15 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 74, 741, 75, 751, 77, 771