Colorado Chautauqua at the Foot of Boulder's Flatirons
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
COLORADO CHAUTAUQUA IS NATIONAL HISTORIC LANDMARK
Escape to the nation's only Chautauqua open year-round at the base of Boulder's Flatirons. Relax in our unique cottages and lodges and enjoy our cultural and educational programming. Your front door offers direct trail access.
Our 58 enchanting cottages and 20 historic lodge rooms range in size from efficiency, studio, one-, two- and three- bedroom to lodges. Each cottage features modern, fully-equipped kitchens and screened-in porches. 5 cottages - EPA Energy Star certified.
PETS ARE ALLOWED IN MOST COTTAGES: There is a $10 charge per pet, per night.
ARTS, CULTURE, DINING: Concerts, lectures, activities, festivals. Dining Hall, open year-round. Summer General Store serves ice cream and snacks.
HOST YOUR NEXT PRIVATE GATHERING AT CHAUTAUQUA
Founded in 1898 and named a National Historic Landmark in 2006, the Colorado Chautauqua offers beautiful gathering and lodging spaces on 26 acres at the foot of Boulder's Flatirons. We host a large variety of wedding ceremonies, receptions, family reunions, meetings and retreats.
Built in 1911, the Missions House Lodge is a wonderful spot for a small wedding or family reunion and features a full kitchen eight bedrooms with private baths and a screened-in front porch with lovely views.
THE GRAND ASSEMBLY OF THE COMMUNITY HOUSE: Our largest meeting space was built in 1917, the Grand Assembly features a bay window, gas fireplace, wrap-around indoor balcony and a large covered porch. The space also includes a service kitchen and a buffet/dining area for your catering needs.
THE PICNIC SHELTER: Just south of the Chautauqua Auditorium is a Picnic Shelter featuring inspiring views of the Flatirons this is a great choice for a casual family gathering.
Additional venues available.
LOCATION: At foot of Boulder's Flatirons, adjoining Boulder Mountain Parks, at the foot of Flagstaff Mountain.
ADDRESS: 900 Baseline Road, Boulder CO 80302
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations Call: 303-952-1611 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Elevation: 6000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Boulder - North Central, Colorado
- Region: Colorado Springs Metro - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Estes Park - North Central, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 125
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 20 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 2 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 25 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 2 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 2 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 15 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 50 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 25 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Cave Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: On site.
- Amusement Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 25 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 2 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: 25 minutes drive.