Indian Springs Ranch, LLP and Campground
|Visit our Website|
Come Discover What Colorado Camping is Meant To Be!
INDIAN SPRINGS RANCH CAMPGROUND is a Registered National Natural Landmark for fossils! It is the only CAMPGROUND in Colorado to be honored! Tours (by appointment only - must have a reservation) of the fossil beds and the historical outlaw cabin of Wild Bill McKinney of the Quantrill Raiders are available by appointment on weekends.
TENT CAMPING OPEN: 4/1/2023 - 10/15/2023. $15 a person; kids under 5 free.
RV PARK SITES OPEN: Year Around. After 10/15/2023 office closes at 5pm. $50 a site for 2 people; each additional person $5; kids under 5 free.
A unique family friendly, secluded (yet easily accessible) Destination Campground on a peaceful and quiet working ranch; you'll see cow, calves, deer and wild turkeys rumbling around. We are a wildlife sanctuary.
ON-SITE: Swimming Pool. Hiking. Rock-Hounding. Showers. Restrooms.
GROUPS TENT CAMPING: Vacationing with 10 or more folks, the rate is $15 per person, per day; the rate includes access to showers, restrooms and the POOL!
- PET FRIENDLY! Bring your dogs and please clean up after them; thank you.
- WELCOME RVs that are 32 feet long or less.
- SORRY, no 50 AMP service at any of our RV sites.
- NO CREDIT CARDS PLEASE; bring cash.
- FREE WiFi!
AREA ACTIVITIES: Golfing, rafting, fishing, hot springs pools, Indian Springs Trace Fossil Site, the Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad, the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, and Bishop Castle.
Scenic Byways: Phantom Canyon Road & Frontier Pathway
PHANTOM CANYON ROAD is part of the Goldbelt Scenic Byway Tour that connect Cañon City, Cripple Creek, and Florissant; take a day and enjoy a scenic drive along Colorado's richest gold mining circuits.
THE FRONTIER PATHWAY SCENIC BYWAY is just south of here and is an amazing drive through the San Isabel National Forest with plenty of history and hiking in the mountains.
INDIAN SPRINGS RANCH CAMPGROUND IN THE ROYAL GORGE AREA
LOCATION: The Ranch is in South Central Colorado known as the Royal Gorge Region and the Banana Belt as it has a milder climate then most of Colorado. The Campground is a 1 hour drive from Colorado Springs; 2 hours from Denver; 3 hours from Fort Collins; and 5 hours from Grand Junction.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: We are 10 miles east of Cañon City: Head north on US Highway 50 to County Road 67 (Phantom Canyon Road). Drive about 4 miles, then turn left at the Indian Springs Ranch sign; the office is 1-1/4 miles from the road.
DRIVE TIMES Pueblo is 50 minutes. Colorado Springs is an hour. Cripple Creek along Phantom Canyon Road is 1-1/2 hours and 130+ years of history. Denver is 2 hours. Fort Collins is 3 hours. Durango and Grand Junction are both 5 hours. Albuquerque, New Mexico and Amarillo, Texas are both 6 hours. Green River, Wyoming is 7-1/2 hours. Grand Island, Nebraska is 8 hours. Topeka, Kansas is 8-1/2 hours. Provo, Utah is 9 hours.
WE CATER TO GROUPS -- Call Today!
YOUR HOSTS are the Thorson family.
PHONE: 719-372-3907 -- To Book Your Vacation.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- RV Sites: 27
- Tent Sites: 20
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 47
- Full Hookups: 27 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 6
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 15
- Winterized Sites: 27
- Elevation: 5800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor swimming pool. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site. Please pickup after your pet, thank you.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 75
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 75
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 40
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: On site.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Dinosaur - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 20 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 20 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 20 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.