Pine River Lodge - Overlooking Beautiful Vallecito Lake
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
Mention The Colorado Vacation Directory:
September 4th - November 16th lodging guest 20% off nightly rates or 30% off weekly rates.
Pine River Lodge, where guests become friends. The Atkinson family has been welcoming families to the Vallecito Lake Valley since 1960.
Open all year. Overlooking beautiful Vallecito Lake, in the heart of the San Juan Mountains near Durango. Mountain cabins and vacation homes with complete kitchens, air-conditioning, basic satellite TV, outdoor furniture, paneled in aspen, pine or spruce, sleep 2-11 guests.
AMENITIES: Indoor pool, large playground, charcoal BBQ grills, and firepits.
INTERNET: Central high speed internet access.
COME IN WINTER -- THE SNOW IS WAITING! Vallecito is a magnificent place in the winter for snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, sledding, playing in the snow, or just curling up by the fire. Purgatory Ski Area and Wolf Creek Ski Area are about an 1.5 hour drive. Our cabins are open for the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Holidays.
NEARBY ACTIVITIES: Boating, fishing, hiking, horseback riding and restaurants.
AREA ATTRACTIONS: Narrow Gauge Railroad, Mesa Verde National Park, whitewater rafting, melodrama, Indian bingo and gambling, the Bar D Chuckwagon.
LOCATION: From Durango Head East to Bayfield on Highway 160 to Country Road 501.
ADDRESS: 14443 County Road 501, Bayfield CO 81122
PHONE: 970-884-2563 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $90 to $345
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $533 to $1950
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 21
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 8
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 14
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment. snowshoes.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 80
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: Most units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Most units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Durango - Southwest, Colorado
- Region: Mesa Verde Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Indoor swimming pool. Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- VCR Movie Library: 100
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available with an additional fee.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 20
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 80
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 60
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 80 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Native American Reservation/Pueblo: 25 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 40 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 40 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: Walking distance.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: Walking Distance.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: Walking distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 45 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 45 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Waterfall Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 74, 741, 75, 751, 77, 771,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 90 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: Walking distance.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: 45 minutes drive.