Royal Gorge Cabins - Whitewater Rafting with Echo Canyon - 8 Mile Bar/Grill
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
MODERN LUXURY CABIN RENTALS and GLAMPING at ROYAL GORGE CABINS
Accommodating 4 to 6 guests per cabin, LUXURY CABINS are open year around and include a kitchen, spa-style bathroom, indoor/outdoor gas fireplace, multiple large screen TVs with cable, premium bedding, and private patio. GLAMPING TENTS feature the same luxury bedding along with multiple power outlets, free WiFi, private deck and firepit.
WHITEWATER RAFTING ON-SITE: From gentle family rafting to adrenaline pumping whitewater, Colorado's preferred outfitter Echo Canyon River Expeditions offers one-of-a-kind rafting experiences. Stay at Royal Gorge Cabins is not required to go rafting with Echo!
ON-SITE RESTAURANT: A local favorite, the 8 Mile Bar & Grill features freshly prepared meals and 16 beers on tap! Indoor and outdoor patio seating, free sand volleyball and other outdoor games. Open Memorial Day through Labor Day for lunch and dinner.
LOCATION: We are in the Heart of Royal Gorge Country; just one hour from Colorado Springs and minutes from the Royal Gorge Bridge on Highway 50.
ADDRESS: 45054 W US Highway 50, Canon City, CO 81212
For current rates and availability call 800-748-2953 -- mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $179 to $539
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 6
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 8
- Tiny Homes/Houses 100-400 sqft with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 1
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Some units.
- Air Conditioning: Some units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 6
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 9/15
- Tent Camping Rates: $49 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 12.
- Tent Sites: 10
- Total Sites: 10
- Elevation: 6330 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: On site.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: No phones.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 40 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 15 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Dinosaur - Archeological Site: 20 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 15 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 60 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 25 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 25 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 15 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 15 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 10 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 58, 581, 691, 69,