South Fork Campground and RV Resort
|Visit our Website|
A traditional family campground along the Rio Grande River with full hookup RV sites, separate tenting area, and a primitive sleeping cabin.
Gold Medal Water Fly-Fishing right here!
WiFi is available in the comfort of your RV. Satellite TV is in the Lobby.
REC PAVILION: Our pot-luck dinners, barbecues, and campfires are all part of the traditional family atmosphere.
LOCATION: 4 miles east of South Fork, near milepost marker 190.
ADDRESS: 26359 Highway 160, South Fork CO 81154
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 800-237-7322; 719-873-5500 -- mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/1
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: $32
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 1
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: None.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/1
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $30 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $36 to $45 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $3. Kids free under the age of 3. Kids: $3.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: Range from $420.00 to $495.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 50
- Tent Sites: 6
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 56
- 50 Amp Hookups: 39 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 42 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 10
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 50
- Winterized Sites: 30
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 8100 feet above sea level.
- Region: South Fork Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 10 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 10 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 5 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 76, 79, 80,