Colorado Hot Springs & Mineral Baths Map
Click on a Fountain below to view Colorado Hot Springs Listings
Hot Springs Pools and Mineral Water Baths are a Popular Attraction in Colorado!
Long before European-Americans settled in Colorado, the hot springs of Colorado's mountains were popular with Indigenous Tribes like the Utes, Navajo, and Hopi. Today people are drawn to the state's hot springs to experience the healing properties of the mineral waters and to splash and play with their family.
In Colorado, it's easy to avoid a crowded chlorinated hotel hot tub. Your body feels more relaxed and comfortable when you get out of a natural hot springs pool, versus your typical backyard hot tub -- COME TO COLORADO TO EXPERIENCE OUR HOT SPRINGS AND MINERAL BATHS.
Colorado offers luxurious hot springs resorts, campgrounds with hot spring pools, vacation cabins with private soaking pools, large public hot spring swimming pools, and hike-in natural wonders with undeveloped soaking opportunities. Natural hot spring waters can be found throughout Colorado to soothe your muscles after a day of hiking, skiing or exploring. Many of Colorado's Hot Springs destinations have water-slides, snack concessions, changing rooms, and family-friendly amenities.
Colorado Day-Use Hot Springs Pools and Mineral Baths
These Colorado attractions offer day-use only hot springs and mineral pools and caves. Experience one of the state's amazing natural resources sitting outside in your bathing suit, while it's snowing or in a cozy indoor space. Chances are, anywhere you vacation in Colorado, there is a therapeutic hot springs nearby, waiting to wash away the aches for your day of adventure. Hot spring water comes from deep within the earth, bringing up natural healing minerals. Are they magical? Well, that depends on your beliefs. Either way, they are therapeutic for sure -- no added chemicals. The water is constantly flowing.
- Dakota Hot Springs, in Penrose, Colorado. Clothing optional. A large soaking pool and a small hotter soaking tub. Open year-round.
- Desert Reef Hot Spring, in Florence, Colorado. Clothing optional! Main soaking pool renovated in 2022 and a smaller private pool. Open year-round; Wednesday-Sunday.
- Eldorado Swimming Pool, in Boulder, Colorado. Large family friendly swimming pool with slide built in 1906 is currently being renovated and will reopen Memorial Day 2023. Open Memorial Day - Labor Day.
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs Along the Colorado River, in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. 16 small soaking pools with 100% pure, thermal mineral water, a large freshwater family pool, and elevated spa nestled along the Colorado River. Open year-round.
- Juniper Hot Springs, in Lay Colorado, between Craig and Dinosaur. These springs were used by indigenous people for hundreds of year and in the 1880s a business was established and later closed for private use only. Now, it's Colorado's newest public hot springs opened in 2021. 4 small pools have a sandy/clay bottom allowing warm water to easily rise that then feeds the large pool. Open year-round.
- Old Town Hot Springs, in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. 8 geothermal pools, waterslides, private cabanas. Open year-round. Closed Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- Ouray Hot Springs Pool & Fitness Center, in Ouray, Colorado. Family-friendly with five pools, 3 geothermally heated, water volleyball area. Open year-round.
- Overlook Hot Springs Spa, in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Roof-top tubs, 5 indoor tubs, 1 private pool. Open year-round.
- Salida Hot Springs Aquatic Center, in Salida, Colorado. This is Colorado's largest indoor hot springs pool. Relax in natural, hot, mineral water. Public family swimming, waterslide and therapeutic soaking pools. There are also private European-Style natural hot baths. Open year-round.
- Splashland, Alamosa, Colorado. Family-oriented geothermal outdoor swimming pool with slides, diving board, floats, and picnic area. Open year-round.
- Valley View Hot Springs, in Villa Grove, Colorado. Clothing is optional. Off-the-grid with several all-natural soaking ponds along a wilderness trails, plus hot tub and sauna. Reservations are strongly recommended. Open year-round; closed December 1-28.
- Yampah Spa and Salon, in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Opened in 1894 Hot springs mineral waters steam caves and a natural geothermal thermal mineral bath. Open year-round; closed Thanksgiving & Christmas.
Colorado Hot Springs with Overnight Accommodations
These Colorado resorts all offer overnight accommodations: rooms, suites, cabins, yurts, tent sites, and/or RV sites. After you've had a relaxing and soothing hot springs soak, the last thing you'll want to do is drive home or back to your vacation lodging. Stay within steps of your hot springs pool! Most of these Hot Springs Retreats only have a large central public pool. If having your own private soaking pool is important, ask if they have lodging options with a private pool, soaking pool or review the section below for vacation rentals with their own soaking tubs. A few of the destinations have restricted public access or are only available to guests. However, most of them provide daily vacationers access as well as lodging guests.
- Avalanche Ranch Cabins and Hot Springs, in Crystal River Valley between Aspen and Glenwood Springs, near Redstone, Colorado. Lodging not required; limited non-guest access a reservation is required. 3 hot springs pools! Log ranch cabins. Open year-round.
- Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs, in Ouray, Colorado. Lodging required. Hot springs soaking tubs. Open year-round.
- Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Spa, in Buena Vista, Colorado. Lodging not required. 4 hot springs pools and a cold plunge pool. By day families welcome; after dark the pools are enjoyed by adults. Open year-round.
- Dunton Hot Springs, in Dolores, Colorado. Lodging required this is an all inclusive resort with soaking springs and bath house. Open from May to mid-November.
- Durango Hot Springs Resort & Spa, in Durango, Colorado. Lodging not required. Durango, Colorado's only natural hot springs pool and day spa. An outdoor pool, 2 therapy pools, spa treatments. Open year-round.
- Glenwood Hot Springs Resort: Lodge, Pool & Spa, in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. A family friendly environment: world's largest hot springs pool, lodge rooms, water slides, and spa. Open year-round.
- Healing Waters Resort & Spa, in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. Budget-friendly family resort lodging: motel rooms, suites, park-cabins with free access to the healing waters hot springs swimming pool, outdoor soaking tub, spa mineral baths. Open year-round.
- The Historic Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa & Lodgings, in Ouray, Colorado. Lodging not required. Soaking pool, therapeutic dip hot springs, and vapor cave. Open year-round.
- Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa, in Hot Sulphur Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. 21 hillside mineral pools and baths all fed by water deep beneath the Earth's surface. Family-Friendly with a playground. Open year-round.
- Indian Springs Resort, in Idaho Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. Mineral water pool, outdoor hot tubs, privates baths, geo-thermal caves. Open year-round.
- Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa, in Moffat, Colorado. Lodging not required. Pools are gravity fed and cooled to 98 -110 degrees. Open year-round; closed Wednesdays.
- Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort & Spa, in Nathrop, Colorado. Lodging not required. Family-Friendly with 30 small pools along Chalk Creek, historic soaking pool, exercise pool, infinity pool, 400 foot waterside. Open year-round.
- Orvis Hot Springs, in Ridgway, Colorado. Lodging not required. 7 pools including a "Lobster Pot", a gravel bottom pond and waterfalls. Open year-round.
- Sand Dunes Recreation Hot Springs Pool, in Hopper, Colorado. Lodging not required. Family pool with a shallow end and deep end with driving board, covered indoor therapy pool, and an adult greenhouse with soaking pools and adult beverages. Picnic area, snack bar, gift shop. Open year-round; closed Thursdays, New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- The Springs Resort & Spa, in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. 25 soaking pools including a "lobster pot" and lap pool and everything in between. The family pools have a hot tub allowing parents to soak and watch their kids at play. Open year-round.
- Strawberry Park Hot Springs, in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Lodging not required. 4 hot springs pools feature hand-built walls that allow Hot Springs Creek to flow through the pools then continue down stream. Pool Reservations are needed. Family Friendly by day and clothing optional for adults after dark. Open year-round.
- Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, in Ouray, Colorado. Lodging required. An outdoor family pool and indoor soaking tub, along with an adult indoor soaking tub. Open year-round.
- Waunita Hot Springs Ranch, 27 miles east of Gunnison and 19 miles west of Monarch Mountain Ski Resort. Family -friendly ranch, lodging required, or a guest at an on property event. Open year-round.
Colorado Private Vacation Rentals with Private Hot Spring Tubs
There is no better way to relax in Colorado than to rent a place that comes with its own private hot springs soaking experience. There are a few Mountain Cabins in Colorado that allow your family the luxury of a private soaking pool, available to you and only you, for your entire vacation stay! IMAGINE a Colorado log cabin, stone fireplace, and a ground level soaking pool with a sitting bench to make cloud counting and star gazing a delight. The water is rich with minerals and as clear as a pane of glass, maintained at a 104-degree temperature.
- Alpine Hot Springs Hideaway, in Nathrop, Colorado between Buena Vista and Salida. Lodging required. This private vacation home is in a spectacular alpine setting. Soothe your body and soul; soak in the private hand-built soaking hot mineral springs pool!
- Antero Hot Springs Cabins, in Nathrop, Colorado between Buena Vista and Salida, Colorado. Lodging required. Historic creekside cabins each have a private natural hot spring pool. Views of Mount Antero in the heart of the Colorado's fourteener region -- the Collegiate Peaks!
- Aqua Hot Springs & Cabin, in Nathrop, Colorado near Buena Vista. Lodging required. Vacation rental with a private hot springs tub next to Chalk Creek.
- Treehouse Hot Springs, in Nathrop, Colorado near Mount Princeton. Lodging required. An octagon home elevated in a treehouse fashion to enjoy the fabulous views! Private 27 foot hot springs soaking pool and fishing on site.
Colorado's Undeveloped Hot Springs
There are 7 noted hot springs experiences in Colorado that offer soothing waters without the commercial trappings, that is, if you're willing to hike in. Some are just a few feet off the road, while others are a 10-mile backpacking trip, where we would suggest you spend the night in a tent before heading back to civilization.
- Conundrum Hot Springs, near Aspen and Snowmass, best to visit after spring run-off until ski season. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 39.0122N 106.8912W
- Penny Hot Springs, in the Crystal River Valley, best to visit to visit year-round. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 39.226159N 107.225818W
- Piedra River Hot Springs, near Navajo Lake, best to visit after spring run-off until ski season. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 37.353608N 107.323053W
- Pinkerton Hot Springs, between Durango and Silverton just off of Highway 550. Not a place to soak, but contains amazing rock geysers and hot mineral water formations to view. Worth a photo-op! GPS Latitude/Longitude: 37.273222N 107.48187452W
- Radium Hot Springs, near Hot Sulphur Springs, best to visit after spring run-off until ski season. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 39.959912N 106.540704W
- Rainbow Hot Springs, near Pagosa Springs, best to visit from Mid-summer to fall. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 37.508519N 106.947482W
- South Canyon Hot Springs, near Glenwood Springs, best to visit year-round. GPS Latitude/Longitude: 39.553755N 107.410777W
Colorado Hot Springs Locations