Lost Burro Camping and Lodging
|Visit our Web site|
OPEN ALL YEAR WITH SCENIC VIEWS, COOL DAYS, AND QUIET NIGHTS: Stay in the majestic cool mountains along the route of the Gold Belt Tour to the Royal Gorge and Canon City. Tent and RVers welcome in our large well-spaced sites. The campground is nestled among ponderosa and aspen trees, resting peacefully in a grassy meadow with a cold creek running right through the middle of the campground. We offer a rustic camping experience with all the modern conveniences so you can enjoy your stay and just relax. We have 2 completely furnished summer homes each with kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, and stocked with cooking utensils, dishes and all the bedding plus a washer and dryer. Another choice is our log cabin with 1-bedroom, a sleeping loft, and everything you need; including a large screened porch. Golf in the area. Clean showers, fire rings, gold panning, 10 minutes to casinos.
We have a large open picnic area. We are happy to help with your family reunion and wedding. Cripple Creek is a great place to bring the family and celebrate your special occasion!
OWNERS: Chantele & Bobby, welcome you!
LOCATION: Four (4) miles northwest of historic Cripple Creek on County Road 1. 12 miles to Florissant Fossil Beds.
ADDRESS: 4023 Teller CR 1, Cripple Creek CO 80813
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-689-2345; 877-689-2345, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $129 to $169
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $525 to $774
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 2
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 2
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 2
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Tent Camping Rates: $27 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $37 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $3. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $3.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $222.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: Range from $360.00 to $460.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 40
- Tent Sites: 60
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 100
- Electric Hookups: 34 sites with electric only.
- Full Hookups: 7 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 27 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 20 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 8
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 25
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 25
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 8800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Cripple Creek - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 350
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 25
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 600
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 15 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 20 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 10 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 45 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 45 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 15 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 10 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 58, 511,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 90 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.