Lost Burro Camping and Lodging
|Visit our Website|
Stay in the majestic cool mountains along the route of the Gold Belt Tour to the Royal Gorge and Canon City in Cripple Creek.
OPEN ALL YEAR WITH SCENIC VIEWS, COOL DAYS, AND QUIET NIGHTS: Tent and RVers welcome in our large well-spaced sites. The campground is nestled among ponderosa and aspen trees, resting peacefully in a grassy meadow with a cold creek running right through the middle of the campground. We offer a rustic camping experience with all the modern conveniences so you can enjoy your stay and just relax. Another choice is our log cabin with 1-bedroom, a sleeping loft, and everything you need; including a large screened porch. Golf in the area. Clean showers, fire rings, gold panning, 10 minutes to casinos.
We have a large open picnic area. We are happy to help with your family reunion and wedding. Cripple Creek is a great place to bring the family and celebrate your special occasion!
OWNERS: Chantele and Bobby, welcome you!
LOCATION: Four (4) miles northwest of historic Cripple Creek on County Road 1. 12 miles to Florissant Fossil Beds.
ADDRESS: 4023 Teller CR 1, Cripple Creek CO 80813
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-689-2345 or 877-689-2345 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $129 to $169
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $525 to $774
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 2
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Tent Camping Rates: $27 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $37 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $4. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $3.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $222.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: $550.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 40
- Tent Sites: 60
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 100
- Electric Hookups: 34 sites with electric only.
- Full Hookups: 7 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 27 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 20 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 8
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 25
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 25
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 8800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Cripple Creek - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Pikes Peak Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 350
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 25
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 600
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 15 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 20 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 10 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 45 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 45 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 15 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 10 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 58, 511,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 90 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.