Annie's Mountain Retreat and Guest House
|Visit our Website anniesmountainretreat.com|
ANNIE'S MOUNTAIN RETREAT AND GUEST HOUSE is a place to de-stress, relax and enjoy the fresh air of Colorado's mountains, less than 2 hours from Denver.
CATERING TO COUPLES SINCE 1999: Plan your honeymoon, anniversary, or romantic retreat at our quiet, restful mountain cabins.
CABINS ALONG THE BIG THOMPSON RIVER: All cabins have air-conditioning, river rock fireplace, full kitchens, bedrooms with gas fireplace and full baths featuring spa tubs. Relax in our plush robes and your private outdoor hot tub. Your stay also includes free WiFi, BBQ grill, Direct TV (Sunday Football Ticket), DVD/CD players. Picnic backpack, regular backpack and coolers available for your use.
It's All About the LOVE at Annie's Mountain Retreat.
THE CARRIAGE HOUSE: Nestled in the pines, bordering Rocky Mountain National Park, in Estes Park -- start your hike right from your front door. This western themed guest house has a private outdoor hot tub in a room inspired by a western saloon complete with Saloon Doors. Above the room is a deck with patio table, chairs and a BBQ grill.
NEAR ESTES PARK: Three (3) of our cabins are in the Big Thompson Canyon along the Big Thompson River, sit on your deck or take a stroll down to the river. Our Carriage House is in Estes Park.
LOCATION: On Big Thompson Canyon Road (Highway 34) 3 mile from Estes Park; 9 miles from Drake.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: If Traveling from Northern Colorado take I-25 South to Highway 66 (Longmont Exit) OR from Fort Collins or Loveland take US 287 to Highway 66 travel west into Lyons and then pick up Highway 36 into Estes. In Estes Park take Highway 34 through Big Thompson Canyon.
ADDRESS: 2462 West Highway 34, Drake CO 80515
PHONE: Local 970-577-9380 or cell 970-227-2953 -- Reservation and Directions to Annie's Mountain Retreat and our Guest House: TOLL FREE 833-686-5683 (833-MTN-LOVE); mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $165 to $229
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 4
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with a Private Jetted Bath Tub: 3
- Units with a Private Outdoor Hot Tub: 4
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 4
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 99
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Most units.
- DVD Player in Units: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Estes Park - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Gas OR Electric-Log Fireplace.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in rental units.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In private rental units.
- DVD Movie Library: 15
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 15 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 7 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 8 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 7 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 10 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing.
- Marina: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Tours: 10 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 25 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 5 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 3 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 5 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 5 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 3 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 3 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 7 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 20
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 5 minutes drive.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Sleigh Rides: 20 minutes drive.