Farmhouse RV Resort @ Royal Gorge
|Visit our Website|
THE FARMHOUSE RV RESORT @ ROYAL GORGE is perched atop a hill encircled by mountains in the beautiful Royal Gorge Region near Cañon City, Colorado. We are an RV Resort with unmatched views of the Royal Gorge Bridge. This incredible valley will continue to surprise you: mountain views, whitewater rafting and fishing the Arkansas River, and picturesque sunsets. Enjoy walking the trails throughout our park, the large playground area and frisbee golf course, jumping pillow, park events, and our outdoor swimming pool and patio.
Farmhouse RV Resort sites are built to follow the terrain and maintain a relationship with nature. Our resort's 35 acres provide guests with prairie grass, boulders, elevation changes, mountain terrain, wildlife, and hiking trails.
RV SITES: All of our sites are 30 And/Or 50 Amp With Full Hookups. We have very large spaces that accommodate the largest buses and 5th-wheels, and cozy tree shaded 30-amp spots ideal for your family travel trailer. All our sites have a picnic table, campfire pit with room for your camp chairs. We have upgraded systems (electrical, water, septic).
TENT CAMPERS like to sleep under the stars, our serene camping sites await you. We have huge spaces that provide ample room to sit by the campfire and watch the sun go down or toast a mean s'more.
We are focused on delivering the ideal relaxing vacation or weekend getaway experience that is fun for adults and kids. Enjoy the sunset with a glass of wine on our expansive patio. Watch your kids play in the playground or playing on the 'jumpy pillow' from the very same spot. Take an evening walk among the juniper trees on our 35 acres; you might spot a few deer meandering.
OUR PLAYGROUND: Trust us, your kids will never want to leave! Our 5-star Kid's Play Area features a climbing fort with slides, climbing wall and ropes. Plus there is a jumpy pillow and a bounce house slide.
HAPPY HOUR: From 5pm to 8pm every kid (big and small) in the park will be here laughing and screaming! Join us!
FARMHOUSE STORE & GIFTS: Our store features beer, wine, firewood, propane, and ice. Order online and we will deliver to your site (as appropriate).
RESORT AMENITIES: WiFi, playground, tetherball, Jumpy pillow, basketball court, horseshoes, swimming pool, and a frisbee golf course. We also have acres of dirt roads and paths that are ideal for safe bike riding.
This is a place you'll want to spend some time: walk the grounds, watch the sunset, and enjoy the patio with a cold beer or glass (cup) of wine. Come spend a relaxing day, week, or weekend with us.
LOCATION: Our Resort is in South Central Colorado a mile west of the Royal Gorge Bridge entrance. Vacation 1 hour drive from Colorado Springs; 2 hours from Denver; 3 hours from Fort Collins; and 5 hours from Grand Junction.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: From Denver take I-25 south to Colorado Springs, at exit 140 merge onto CO Highway 115 to Penrose, where CO-115 intersects with US Highway 50 head west on US-50 for 21.5 miles. Our resort is on the right.
ADDRESS: 43595 US Highway 50, Cañon City CO 81212
We are all about sharing 'good' energy. Come join in!
PHONE: 719-800-6008 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 11/1
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 10
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 3
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 11/30
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $44 to $50 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $47 to $77 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $7. Kids free under the age of 4. Kids: $7.
- RV Sites: 55
- Tent Sites: 20
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 75
- Electric & Water Hookups: 11 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 44 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 27 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 15 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 24
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 50
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 6330 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor swimming pool. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Arcade Games: On site.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Wagon/Hay Rides: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: On site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): 10 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 10 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 45 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 15 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 15 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 60 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 2 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 2 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: 2 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 2 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 10 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 10 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 5 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 58, 69, 581, 691