Ferro's Blue Mesa Ranch and Guide Service
|Visit our Website www.ferrosbluemesa.com|
Experience western atmosphere with a personal touch at Ferro's Blue Mesa Ranch Cabins and Guide Service for Fishing and Horseback Rides
WELCOME: All group events. Dog Friendly.
Vacation adjacent to Blue Mesa Lake, Gunnison National Forest/West Elk Wilderness and the Black Canyon. Near Marina.
COZY FURNISHED CABINS: Full kitchens, satellite TV, BBQ, campfire, plus budget lodging and awesome views.
ON-SITE EXCURSIONS: Guided fishing trips and personalized horseback rides. Lease a hunting horse for your fall pack trip.
UNIQUE FULL SERVICE STORE: tackle, souvenirs, grocers, liquor.
SPRING DISCOUNT: March through Memorial Weekend. 5% Military discount.
LOCATION: Between Gunnison and Montrose in Southwest Colorado off Highway 50 at Highway 92; head north on Hwy 92 for 7/10 mile past Blue Mesa Dam, turn right on Soap Creek Road.
ADDRESS: 3200 County Road 721 (Soap Creek Road), Gunnison CO 81230
PHONE: 970-641-4671 and 800-617-4671 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 4/15 to 11/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $49 to $99
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $343 to $625
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 4
- Classic Travel Trailers or Mini-Mobile Homes: 2 (Travel trailer, Pop-up Camper or Mobile Home, set up on-site.)
- Air Conditioning: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Units with Wood Stoves: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Number of Channels: 2
- Pay-Per-View/On-Demand Programs: Yes.
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: Some units.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- VCR Movie Library: 150
- DVD Movie Library: 50
- Fax Machine: Available.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 75
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 45
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 5 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 2 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 40 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 40 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 54, 63, 66, 67,