Fireside Cabins on the San Juan River
|Email Fireside Cabins on the San Juan River Directly|
|Visit our Website www.firesidecabins.com|
PLAY and RELAX at Fireside Cabins near Wolf Creek Pass
Our 15 modern one and two bedroom cabins have kitchens and bathrooms, situated on 10 acres along the San Juan River. A lot of love and care went into designing and decorating our cabins. Each cabin has a gas fireplace, living room, queen-size bed in all bedrooms (13 cabins), queen-size and bunks (2 cabins), fully equipped kitchens, cable television, FREE WiFi (high-speed internet), plus telephones.
Our two bedroom cabins sleep up to six people, while the one bedroom cabins sleep four people. We have a pull out futon couch in all living rooms. All kitchens have a range, with an oven in the two bedroom units, refrigerator, pots & pans, dishes, utensils, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. Other kitchen amenities that we provide for your convenience include: coffee, sugar, creamer, salt, pepper, dish-washing soap, dishtowels and pot holders. Covered porches and charcoal grill.
After a Day of Outdoor Adventure Soak in Our Enclosed Hot Tub
THE SAN JUAN RIVER: Experience private catch-and-release trout fishing; our calm eddy is also fun for the family to explore. Extensive stocking of trophy-sized trout of the San Juan River has been done by the City of Pagosa Springs and includes the river behind our cabins.
WEDDINGS and REUNIONS: We are an ideal outdoor wedding location along the San Juan River between Pagosa Springs and Wolf Creek Ski Area. Plan you family celebrations with us including weddings and reunions. Reserve our riverside picnic areas and our tented gathering area with gas grill and large campfire ring.
IN THE SUMMER: The surrounding area has enough outdoor activities for the entire family to play and relax Colorado style: horseback riding, Indian ruins, whitewater rafting, hiking, and mountain biking. Enjoy a day of tubing on the river with our on-site tube rentals or work up an apetite playing Basketball on our half court.
IN THE FALL: Autumn is our quiet season; watch the Aspens turn golden, soak at the Hot Springs, and enjoy a less crowded time of year. Hunting for big game in units 77, 78, 771, and 751 is usually successful. Deer, elk, moose, bear, and bighorn sheep are found in this pristine and remote part of Southwest Colorado.
WINTER OFFERS: Downhill skiing is only 25 minutes away at Wolf Creek Ski Area, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, sleigh rides, snowmobile trails and tours, and ice fishing make Pagosa Springs your winter vacation paradise.
BRING YOUR HORSE -- CORRALS ARE AVAILABLE
We offer 16x16 Outdoor Corrals and a 40 foot Round Pen. Electricity in the barn for late arrivals and fresh water is available close to the corrals. Easy access, in and out. Large turn around area and trailer parking available. Minutes to trails in the San Juan Mountains, Weminuche Wilderness and Continental Divide. Local vets and farriers nearby. No hookups.
Our facilities are offered as a courtesy for our guests at no additional fee. As guests you are responsible for: feed, water, and removal of manure daily. Pitchfork, shovel and wheel barrows are provided. Our horse facility is private and limited to guests staying with us. Our cabins and horse facilities are a great place to overnight and rest up, or enjoy the area sights and some of the best trail riding Colorado has to offer. Required: health certificate and Coggins for out of state travelers.
A VACATION DESTINATION West of Wolf Creek Pass with Skiing and HikingA VACATION DESTINATION East of Pagosa Hot Springs Pools, one mile from Downtown Shops and Restaurants
We hope you enjoy our home-like family atmosphere here at Fireside Cabins; so gather the clan, kick off your shoes, hang up your coat, and stay a while.
Your dogs and horses are welcome (no cats, please). Note we have a 2 dog maximum and there is a nightly fee per dog.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO Fireside Cabins on the San Juan River
LOCATION: One mile east of Old Downtown Pagosa and its world famous hot springs pools. One quarter mile east of the Junction of Highways 160 and 84, on Highway 160 near milepost marker 145, on the road to the Wolf Creek Ski Area.
ADDRESS: 1600 East Highway 160, Pagosa Springs CO 81147
For Current Rates and Availability: 970-264-9204 -- mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $125 to $220
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 15
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 15
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Number of Channels: 50
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Most units.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages Seniors. Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Durango - Southwest, Colorado
- Region: Pagosa Springs Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Indoor Hot Tub or Spa. Gas OR Electric-Log Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Your Pet is Treated as a VIP: Yes.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 1 minutes drive.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: 1 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Cable.
- DVD Movie Library: 75
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
- Internet Cafe: 3 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 25
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 72
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 25 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 3 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 60 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 3 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 5 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 10 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 30 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 5 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 15 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 5 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 77, 78, 771, 751,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 25 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 3 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Tours: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 5 minutes drive.