Rockey River Resort - Along the Gunnison River
|Email Rockey River Resort - Along the Gunnison River Directly|
|Visit our Web site|
When you're looking for superior experience not just a traditional hotel room, stay at Rockey River Resort.
Spend your holiday along the Gunnison River! Enjoy easy access to excellent fly-fishing, lake fishing, hiking, rafting, hunting, boating and biking. Blue Mesa and Taylor Reservoirs are both nearby.
GROUP AND REUNION FACILITIES: Riverside gathering area for picnics and games. 100 year old barn with indoor meeting area. Cater your meals or prepare your own.
RESORT AMENITIES: Townie bikes available for guests with access to bicycle path. Play area with Basketball, volleyball and horseshoes.
RIVER FRONT CABINS: 14 fully furnished and equipped log cabins, sleeps 2 to 6. Quiet, peaceful setting. Each one is a unique log cabin with individual histories.
SMALL RV PARK: RV sites are large and grassy (open May - October) with full hookups. Most RV sites are rented by the month or season; a few overnight sites may be available.
LOCATION: 6 miles North of Gunnison on the way to Crested Butte; 1/4 mile off Highway 135.
ADDRESS: 4359 County Road 10, Gunnison CO 81230
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-641-0174, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 11/15
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $82 to $275
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 14
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 2
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: Most units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/31
- RV Camping Rates: $38 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids: $5.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $250.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: $600.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 24
- Total Sites: 24
- Full Hookups: 24 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 24 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 24
- Elevation: 7950 feet above sea level.
- Region: Crested Butte - Southwest, Colorado
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Stove. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Your Pet is Treated as a VIP: Yes.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Television: Available.
- Big Screen TV: Available.
- Wide Screen TV: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- DVD Player: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 35
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 40
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 25 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 10 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 10 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 30 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 30 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 10 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 10 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 35 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 54, 55, 67, 66,