Sweetwater River Ranch - Experience A River Vacation
Escape ALONG the Arkansas River between Canon City and Salida.
Small, clean, friendly, relaxing and FUN! WiFi.
Enjoy a 1/2 mile of river frontage on BOTH sides of the Arkansas River. Fishing and bird watching on-site. Easy access to the Royal Gorge, whitewater rafting, hiking, and Jeep/ATV trails!
CAMPING and LODGING OPTIONS: 2-room camping cabins, rustic "pioneer" cabins, deluxe cabins, RV full hookups, and acres of tent camping.
LOCATION: On Highway 50 at milepost marker 250.
ADDRESS: 24871 Highway 50 W, Cotopaxi CO 81223
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-276-3842, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 3/31 to 11/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $45 to $125
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 2
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 6
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 4
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Most units.
- Adjoining rooms/units: Some units.
- Air Conditioning: Some units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 50
- Internet Access in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 3/31 to 11/30
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $20 to $26 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $40 to $53 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $236.25 to $283.50 for two people.
- RV Sites: 15
- Tent Sites: 24
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 39
- Full Hookups: 13 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 3 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 2 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 15
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 15
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 6300 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 1000
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 8
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 50
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 2 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 2 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 2 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 2 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 2 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 2 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 2 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 15 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.