High Canyon @ Bair Ranch: Cabins, Vacation Homes, Destination Weddings
|Visit our Website|
An Authentic Western Colorado Vacation Experience! High Canyon Adventures Guest Ranch, operated on the Bair Ranch, is in the mountains of Colorado's western slope, in the heart of Glenwood Canyon, only minutes from Glenwood Springs.
Bair Ranch is one of Colorado's oldest family run working live stock ranches. Family owned and operated as a working live stock ranch since 1919. It encompasses over 5500 acres and miles of trails, surrounded by forest, canyons, and the Colorado River.
LODGING IS SECLUDED AND PRIVATE: Stay in our wide range of accommodations, from our Teepee to the Golden LeGrande Vacation Home.
The Golden LeGrande is private, this three-bedrooms vacation home set in the most beautiful high country of Colorado. Complete with a kitchen and dining room. Luxuries include: 2,100 square foot deck, beautiful hickory floors, fireplace, and BBQ grill.
The Caribou Cabin sleeps 6 comfortably with one-bedroom and a spacious loft.
Spring Creek Cabin is the perfect backwoods getaway in secluded area of the ranch, sleeps 8 people in three-bedrooms. Fully furnished with beautiful views of the local mountains.
Rustic Cabins are near stocked fish ponds. Take time to relax in our beautiful Colorado high country. They accommodate 4-6 people.
Stay in a teepee for a unique experience. Our teepees were erected with the assistance of the chief of the Southern Ute Indian Tribe. For young and old this is an experience that will never be forgotten.
ON-SITE FUN THINGS TO DO - EXPLORE OUR RANCH: We offer guided horseback riding, ATV tours, and snowcat tours for your enjoyment. We also have chuckwagon suppers. See additional information - link below.
ELEGANT WEDDING IN COLORADO'S MOUNTAINS: The Golden LeGrande Lodge is the perfect location for your outdoor wedding. Have the wedding of your dreams; our staff will help make it happen!
LOCATION: Easily accessible, 12 miles east of Glenwood Springs, take I-70 to Exit 129, south of the Colorado River.
ADDRESS: 66586 US Highway 6, Glenwood Springs CO 81601
Call today for your Colorado family vacation and to start making your Mountain Wedding plans: 970-945-9773, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
PLAN YOUR FUN THINGS TO DO: High Canyon Adventures @ Bair Ranch Horseback Rides - SnowCat Trips - ATV Tours - Hunting Expeditions - High Country Chuckwagon Suppers! All Right here no need to drive!
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $69 to $500
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 2
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 5
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Units with a Private Jetted Bath Tub: 1
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Elevation: 7700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Glenwood Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Wagon/Hay Rides: On site.
- Overnight Pack Trip: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 100
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 150
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 500
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 20
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 15 minutes drive.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 10 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: On site.
- Cave Tours: 15 minutes drive.
- Bike Path: 1 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 20 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 15 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 44, 444,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 45 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 20 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 20 minutes drive.