5 Branches Camper Park & Cabins
|Visit our Web site|
A Great Family Getaway! LAKE & RIVER FISHING, SWIMMING, and BOATING.
Snug on 27-acres of tall pines at 7650' elevation, Five Branches Camper Park has 3,000 feet of frontage on the picturesque Vallecito Lake and the ever-flowing Pine River.
Crossing the bridge over the Pine River, you'll find full hookups, tenting area, fully equipped cabins with kitchens, in wooded surroundings with lake views backed by 11,000' mountain peaks.
PARK AMENITIES: Planned activities include potlucks, and ice cream socials. Modern restrooms, hot showers (fee), and a coin laundry. A 24'x30' pavilion for group meals, or hanging out to play board games or create crafts. Camera buffs will love photographing the seasonal wildflower beds, busy chipmunks, doe-eyed deer, rascally raccoons, and energetic hummingbirds. Play Area with swings, horseshoe pit, and volleyball court. The camp store has groceries, snacks, camping supplies, and gift shop.
WE SUGGEST YOU PURCHASE YOUR FISHING AND HUNTING LICENSES BEFORE YOU ARRIVE.
There's plenty of river and lake fishing for first timers and avid anglers. There are canoes, kayaks, pontoon, paddle, fishing boats and stand-up paddle boards available for rent around the lake. Take a horseback ride into the San Juan Mountains. Mountain bike trails start at Five Branches and rentals are close by.
DAY TRIPS: Silverton, Mesa Verde National Park, Pagosa Springs and Ouray are great for those who like to explore. Take a ride on the Durango & Silverton Narrow gauge train. Enjoy nearby hot springs.
Tent rates shown below are for up to 4 people.
Pets okay at campground; maximum 2 pets per site.
LOCATION: 5 Branches Camper Park & Cabins: On Vallecito Lake's east shore, 50 minutes northeast of Durango. STAY ON LEFT/WEST SIDE OF LAKE. Follow paved road 501 around lake. When the pavement ends, (READ DIRECTIONAL SIGN) continue 2 miles staying right of blue marker 21700 passing Elk Point Lodge and straight DOWN the hill. 4677 County Road 501-A, Bayfield, CO 81122.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-884-2582.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/19 to 9/5
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $95 to $115
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 9
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/19 to 9/5
- Tent Camping Rates: $20 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $38 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $2. Kids free under the age of 1. Kids: $2.
- RV Sites: 94
- Tent Sites: 12
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 106
- Full Hookups: 91 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 80
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 7650 feet above sea level.
- Region: Durango - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 60
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 30
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 45 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 74, 75, 77, 741, 751, 771,