Colorado Trails Ranch: A Guest Ranch Experience
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
COLORADO TRAILS RANCH -- A GUEST RANCH EXPERIENCE with Cozy cabins, fly-fishing, outdoor swimming pool, adventure, breathtaking scenery, intimate family wedding destination and yes of course . . . The BEST WRANGLERS in the WEST to complete your Colorado vacation dream of horseback riding on a cowboy ranch.
At Colorado Trails Ranch, we make everything easy for you . . . easy to try new activities, to relax, to eat delicious food, and to feel comfortable, cared for, and a part of our family.
NEW FOR 2021: We are rolling out the welcome mat with three distinct seasons!
PEAK-SEASON ALL-INCLUSIVE: Full week stays from Sunday - Saturday for an all inclusive Guest Ranch vacation along with daily horseback riding and flying-fishing excursions for day guests. June 6, 2021 through July 30, 2021.
SPECIAL ADULTS ONLY ALL-INCLUSIVE WEEK: Adults get the ranch to themselves for an entire week of Guest Ranch activities. September 5, 2021 through September 11, 2021.
LATE SUMMER/FALL FLEX PLAN: A la Carte -- pay as you stay and play cabin rentals, meals and activities. Stay a couple of days or 2 weeks. Choose daily meals or just dinner or even no meals. Pick your excursions. Vacation your way and be here for the Fall Colors as Colorado slowing changes from Summer to Fall and local wildlife is migrating to their winter homes. July 31, 2021 through October 31, 2021; except the fist full week in September.
"It was the greatest vacation of our lifetime, with our entire family . . . you and your staff were part of our family that week. Keep up your great work." Betty & Paul Moore - Ballwin, MO.
NOW OFFERING DAY GUESTS: Our famous breakfast ride and chuckwagon lunch ride along with 1 hour taste of Colorado Trails and 4 hour half day rides. Call for reservations.
GUEST RANCH CABINS: We recently replaced all of our cabins with new, larger cabins with larger bedrooms, larger bathrooms and living rooms as well as large, covered porches. Each bedroom has a private bath! Daily housekeeping.
GUEST EXPERIENCE: At our guest ranch, there's fun for families, couples, and singles with horseback riding, fly-fishing, Western dancing, and outdoor swimming pools.
When your family is here, you'll never hear "I'm booooored." You will hear how much FUN everything is!
KIDS and TEENS: Our children's and teen's programs are divided into three groups, each with their own counselor: Buckaroos (5-8 years old); Rough Riders (9-12 years old); Teens (13-17 years old). Activities include: rafting, riding, swimming, fishing, a petting zoo and more.
INTIMATE FAMILY RANCH WEDDINGS: All-inclusive of flex rates our 13 cabins have 30 bedrooms and baths, our dining lodge seats 150, while the Opera House seats 50 classroom style or 125 theatre style.
LOCATION: Between Durango and Vallecito Lake on County Road 240.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: From US Highway 50 in Durango, Colorado head north to E 15th Street where you will head East on E 15th, at the roundabout continue onto Florida Road for 11.5 miles CTR is on the left. From the junction US Highway 160 and County Road 501 in Bayfield Colorado take CR 501 North for 18 miles then turn left onto County Road 240 CTR is on the right.
ADDRESS: 12161 County Road 240, Durango CO 81301
PHONE: 970-247-5055 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 6/6 to 10/31
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 4
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 9
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Most units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
- Elevation: 7500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Durango - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Wood Fireplace. Outdoor swimming pool. Fishing Equipment. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Wagon/Hay Rides: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in rental units.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Fax Machine: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 150
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 150
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 50
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 0
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 60 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 40 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Outdoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Tourist Train Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: On site.